‘Tis the season to be overwhelmed and under-enjoyed. We’re all about changing this blissfully, by bringing you and everyone on your holiday list into the Yoga Glow. It’s like a pair of super soft pajamas that fit everyone—and like sleeping in a night in deep winter with the window open, rising in the darkness just in time to see the sky burning with thousands of falling stars.
Our wish for Yogis, Seekers of Good everywhere (and the people who love them) is for the greatest of gifts: experiencing and re-experiencing the Yoga Moment and accompanying healthy Yoga Glow. Our own YUNI line of natural and organic skin care products is based upon the unending discovery of this moment. We experience it during our Yoga practice itself. And through our unique blend of essential oils, we create Anchoring Moments through the sense of smell, to allow anyone who uses YUNI to revisit that place, just by taking a breath. It’s just one of the greatest Everyday Pleasures of the YUNI concept.
But—it’s a big old world out there. And we’re always happy to find good things to wrap up with (recycled) gift paper and present to our friends, co-workers, cherished family and loved ones.
Here are a few of our favorites—from our guest-list to yours!
- MANDUKA - www.manduka.com - This Californian brand states “Joy is portable.” We agree. Shop here for the ultimate, 100 % recyclable Yoga mat, made with a dedication to eco-vigilant materials and manufacturing. Also a great source for bags, extension straps (great for beginners) and mat towels, including extra-absorbent towels made especially for Hot Yoga.
- ATHLETA - www.athleta.com - This big brand makes it super easy to gift the Yogi in your life – an Athleta gift cards says it all, does it all. Or, visit one of the more than 100 stores. We’re partial to the Altitude Down Vest, Downalicious Jacket and Downalicious Deluxe Vest, which use Featherdry moisture-repellant technology—super for slipping on when you’re drenched from a hard session on the mat and must brave the cold to the parking lot.
- ON YOGA - The Architecture of Peace by Michael O’Neill - Taschen - www.tinyurl.com - An inspiring, awakening book which may find on a home on your coffee-table, but it is far from the usual coffee-table book. In fact, O’Neill’s photographic portraits of influential yogis of our time, including B. K. S. Iyengar, Shri K. Pattabhi Jois, T. K. V. Desikachar, Rodney Yee, Colleen Saidman, Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa,make this book so irresistible that you may not stand the thought of leaving it at home! Nearly 200 photographs, with comments from His Holiness Swami Chidanand Saraswatiji and Ashtanga guru Eddie Stern, Donna Karan, and other fascinating practitioners.
- YOGAWORKS MEMBERSHIP, WORKSHOPS and RETREATS - www.yogaworks.com - Honoring and empowering everyone’s journey toward personal growth and well-being, the YOGAWORKS programs remain authentic to ancient yoga tradition while tackling modern challenges. Select a gift from the broad range of offerings here—in fact, a YOGAWORKS gift is ideal for someone who is new to Yoga—there’s something wonderful here for every age and fitness / proficiency level. Thoughtful teaching to illuminate life on and off the mat, with studios from India to Santa Monica. (And, YUNI beauty is available at many Yogaworks studios).
- A PEACE TREATY - www.apeacetreaty.com - Scarves, jewelry, capes, caftans, all of breathtaking beauty, made by traditional artisans who epitomize “slow fashion” that is timeless and heart-opening. Many of the programs partnered with APT serve communities whose very existence may be imperiled by war and globalization of all kinds, preserving vast cultural histories as well as legacies of textile-weaving, knitting, embroidery, leather crafting, block-printing, screen-printing, batik, mud-resist indigo fabric dyeing. For a handmade gift which is the antithesis of mass-produced.
- LULULEMON - www.lululemon.com - No, at this writing, this brand has not been purchased by sports giant NIKE. Lululemon broke new ground in the “athleisure” world, and we see their elegant pieces not only wherever people practice yoga, but in the business world and some of our favorite bistros, cafes and eateries. Their *Lights Out (reflective) collection are, well, simply hot, whether you’re doing Hot Yoga, or jogging , running, walking or hiking after dark when you need the 360 degree high-impact reflectivity for long-distance illumination and visibility for safety. And frankly, the All Sports Bra *Lights Out rocks as a club, festival or nightlife party top ( celebrate New Year’s Eve with the snap of Lycra!).
- S’WELL SHOP - www.swellbottle.com - We all know that hydration is key.Which is why, about 30 years ago, carrying a water-bottle around everywhere we went for frequent quaffing seemed like such a great idea. Well, the water is a great idea, but those zillions of discarded plastic water-bottles, not so much. Give the gift of portable personal beverages with the reusable S’well insulated bottle that serves you hot and cold drinks while leaving a very gentle footprint on our planet. Made of 18/8 highest grade stainless steel, the classic S’well bottle has an opening which is large enough for ice-cubes, keeps cold drinks cold for 24 hours and hot drinks hot for 12 hours. Leakage-resistant cap, great for the outdoorsy type (hiker, mountaineer, explorer, skier) as well as cosmopolitan Yogis on your list. And, the company supports clean water initiatives to vulnerable communities around the world.
PARTY ON WITH PEACE ON EARTH!
Clean up after an intense yoga class with one of our natural organic skin care products, like the Instant Shower Sheet. www.purewow.com
Are you looking to get ahead of the game and expose yourself to an all natural skin care product selection that can make not only cleaning up after yoga easier, but traveling for an upcoming trip much easier? Yuni has the perfect Instant Shower Sheets that can make your life easier, cleaner and natural! http://news.health.com/2015/08/10/8-beauty-products-that-make-packing-for-your-trip-so-much-easier/
Become aware of moments in your life that matter, and take advantage of the natural organic body care products that many love, from Yuni.http://www.elephantjournal.com/2015/06/give-yourself-the-gift-of-a-mindful-shower/